- Clockpunk – If no reference, then this is the most current tech level.
- World Orientation – Discworld before “Making Steam”. The idea of steam machines exists, but no engineer has been able to harness this power.
- Most technological progress is driven by Magic taking decades to master to get results.
- The printing press has been around for a few years.
- Guns exist, single shot only, most commonly used, automatic or half-automatic are crewed weapons and complicated to produce, the most common rifle designs are break-action, manually cocked lever action and falling block action.
- If it isn’t muscle powered, it has a spring that needs turning or magic powering it.
- If it needs to be autonomous beyond simple Yes/No decisions, then it needs a magical matrix.
Two kinds of devices, terms are OOC only
- Tech based devices – The device basically works according to scientific principles and not-yet-developed tech is replaced by magic, ie Clockwork Golems who need a magical brain to be autonomous.
- Magic based devices – The device would not be able to work without magic at all, ie LCD displays lack several technologies unavailable on Telar so displays use various kinds of magic to display a similar effect.